CorMatrix®Vascular Repair is used for repair or reconstruction of peripheral vasculature including the carotid, renal, iliac, femoral and tibial blood vessels. CorMatrix Vascular Repair may be used for closure of vessels, as a pledget, or for suture line buttressing when repairing vessels. CorMatrix Vascular Repair is hemostatic with minimal bleeding at suture lines. It remodels into site-specific tissue and conforms to easily repair defects. Unlike synthetic or cross-linked materials, the elastic modulus approximates normal tissue. CorMatrix retains the natural extracellular matrix composition including collagen, growth factors and proteins, leaving no materials behind.
- Remodels into site-specific tissue
- Less susceptible to infection than synthetic graft material
- CorMatrix handles similar to vein tissue and conforms to repair the defect
- Hemostatic with minimal bleeding at suture lines
- Unlike synthetic or cross-linked materials, the elastic modulus approximates normal tissue
CorMatrix ECM for Carotid Endarterectomy
Carotid endarterectomy using CorMatrix Vascular repair. Courtesy of Dr. Tamim and Bay Medical Sacred Heart