CorMatrix® CanGaroo® Envelope is intended to securely hold cardiovascular implantable electronic devices (CIEDs) such as pacemakers and defibrillators, creating a stabilized environment that enhances patient comfort and restricts migration.
The CanGaroo® conforms to the implantable device and remodels into a defined, vascularized pocket that supports and reinforces, while restricting migration of CIEDs. Its soft, supple edges enhance patient comfort, facilitate implantation, and simplify removal for exchanges or revisions. The CorMatrix CanGaroo® is designed to address the needs of physicians implanting CIEDs in their daily practice.
Foreign Body Response vs. Healing Regeneration
When a foreign body is implanted, monocytes infiltrate the site and are often converted into inflammatory M1 macrophages*. This can result in fibrotic scar formation. CorMatrix ECM is a natural biologic that triggers a healing, regenerative M2 cascade*.
*Data on file
- CanGaroo device remodels into systemically connected vascularized tissue
- Stabilizes CIED to restrict migration
- Supports and reinforces the pocket
- May ease CIED removal from pocket during exchange or revision
- Vascularized tissue pocket may enhance patient comfort
- Soft, supple pocket has no sharp edges
- CorMatrix CanGaroo conforms to the implantable device
- CorMatrix ECM resists calcification